March Birthstones: Colors, Symbolism And Healing Properties
What are the Birthstones for March
Aquamarine, bluish-green in color and bloodstone, having a green body with red spots are the most important birthstones for those having their birthdays in March. Aquamarine symbolizes youthfulness, fidelity, a new beginning, and good health, whereas bloodstone stands for justice, courage, truthfulness, and power.
March birthstones are perfect for the second (11th and 20th March) decade Pisceans and first (21st March to 30th March) decade Aries.
Healing Properties of March Birthstones
- Calms and soothes the mind
- Possesses immense meditative skills
- Lessens stress and tension
- Brings in spiritual awareness
- Boosts immunity
- Helps with ailments related to the throat, stomach, jaw, and liver
- Assists people to develop a sense of tolerance
- Helps overcome fears
- Intensifies perception and sharpens wit
Aquamarine gets its name from the Latin words “aqua” and “mare”, translating to water and sea respectively, with this stone replicating the serenity and calmness of the blue waters. They were considered as a talisman for sailors protecting them from the perils of the sea and ensuring a smooth voyage.
- Increases creativity and intuitive skills
- Gives courage, helping one to face adverse situations
- Helps in decision making
- Calms the mind lessening aggressiveness and irritability
- Has blood purifying properties and good for curing anemia and other blood-related disorders.
Bloodstone was popular for its healing properties even in the past, with Babylonians using it for making amulets and seals.
Other March Gemstones
Jade – Brings in peace and harmony, and protects from harm
Topaz – Promotes good health, joy, and abundance
Diamond – Enhances creativity, imagination, and courage
Sapphire – Ensures peace of mind, as well as relieves stress
Ruby – Provides motivation, and instills confidence
Jasper – Helps to keep one grounded
While selecting these birthstones, ensure that you choose the ones appropriate for you with the correct shade. Seeking a professional astrologer’s advice would help you make the right choice.
Connect with The Astrology Web
Get the latest Updates and tips delivered right to your inbox.Get started